ADP Workforce Now payroll administrators (or subscribers) can setup Plastiq's payroll integration. Once this setup is complete, you can run your payroll with ADP Workforce Now and Plastiq will fund it using your preferred card.
Please Note: This feature is currently available for Plastiq members located in the United States. Plastiq is unable to process payroll payments with American Express cards, Capital One, and Personal Visa cards.
Before you get started, you should consider the following key details:
- Who will be your company's Payroll Manager? It could be you or another employee that currently oversees your company payroll. This role gives the individual access to the integration settings and lets them adjust those settings via your Plastiq account.
- Are you activating this feature for one company or multiples companies? Plastiq can help you fund the payroll for multiple companies. Please note that each company needs a unique Payroll Manager. Click here to learn how to manage multiple company payrolls as a Payroll Administrator.
- To start this process, click here to go to the Plastiq for ADP Workforce Now application in the ADP Marketplace. Select "Try the free edition" and you'll be directed to Plastiq.
Plastiq will link with your ADP Workforce Now account to let you wire funds directly to your bank account. Those funds will be sourced from your card. Click Continue to proceed to the next step.
- If you're running payroll for multiple companies, they will be displayed here. Tell us which companies will use Plastiq for payroll by clicking the arrow icons to select the Payroll Manager for that company from a dropdown menu.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for controlling the payroll settings in Plastiq. This employee will provide the amount to be charged, the wire funding details for your payroll account, and card billing information.
You can identify yourself as the Payroll Manager. If multiple companies will use Plastiq for payroll, please keep in mind that they cannot share a Payroll Manager. Each one must be managed by a different employee.
Click Continue once you've finished selecting your Payroll Manager(s).
- Plastiq will email an invitation to your Payroll Manager(s) to finish setting up this feature. We'll use the email address associated with that employee in your ADP Workforce Now account.
They can click the link ("Set Up Payroll") in that message to get started. If you're also the Payroll Manager for your company, click here to continue this setup process.
Managing Multiple Payrolls
As a payroll administrator for your business, you can use Plastiq to facilitate payroll payments for multiple companies. You can set the payroll details and edit as needed if you assign yourself the role of Payroll Manager.
To assign other employees the role of Payroll Administrator and give them this capability, visit the ADP Marketplace and select Assign Apps. Under the Users tab, click Plastiq for ADP Workforce Now and choose the employee(s) you want to give payroll administrator access.
- To manage multiple company payroll, assign yourself the role of Payroll Manager for one of your companies. Then, complete the setup as a Payroll Manager.
To set up the payroll for another company or change its payroll details, go to Settings, select ADP Workforce Now and select that company from the dropdown menu at the top of the settings panel. Then, click the Manage Payroll Access link.
- Next, switch payrolls by reassigning yourself as Payroll Manager for another company. Set your first company to "Currently Unassigned" and then, assign yourself as the Payroll Manager for the next company so you can setup its payroll settings. Repeat this step for each company.